GREENSIGNAL BIO PHARMA PRIVATE LIMITED
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) POLICY
GreenSignal Bio Pharma Private Limited is committed to upholding the highest standards of corporate social responsibility. We believe in the purpose of improving the quality of life of the communities we serve through long term stakeholder value creation. We believe in positively impacting the environment and supporting the communities we operate in, focusing on sustainability of our programs and empowerment of our communities.
CSR Activities / Priorities:
1) Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water. Preventive health care is rendered through Company’s In-house medical facilities in the area of operation, conducting immunisation programs, awareness campaigns, medical camps, ambulance facilities, safety awareness training and tools and other initiatives.
2) Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled. The company is involved in operating schools in the area of operation besides promoting livelihood enhancement initiatives and projects. Vocational skills through capacity building of farmers. Sustainable and best cultivation practices are undertaken by the company besides training of farm labour on skill sets to nurture rural development.
3) Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups. The company is also involved in fostering Women self-help groups as rural entrepreneurs, women empowerment training for participatory approach in agriculture and including local communities in supply chain activities of the company thereby benefitting local communities and increase in their income levels.
4) Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and improving quality of soil, air and water. Promotion of green belt through agroforestry, Conducting applied research , projects and promotion of Water conservation technologies and promoting use of ecologically sustainable bio products in agriculture thereby enhancing soil health.
5) Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art, setting up public libraries, promotion and development of traditional handicrafts.
6) Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
7) Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, paralympic sports and Olympic sports.
8) Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
9) Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government
10) Rural development projects including slum area development.
11) Such other activities as may be prescribed / recommended by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs / Central Government, from time to time.
The CSR Committee shall consist of the following Directors.
DR.P.MURALI - CHAIRMAN
SHRI.E.S.CHANDRASEKARAN - MEMBER
A broad term of reference of the CSR Committee is furnished hereunder:
a) To formulate and recommend to the Board, a CSR Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as per the Companies Act, 2013;
b) To review and recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities to be undertaken by the company;
c) To monitor the CSR policy of the company from time to time.
Implementation & monitoring
The Company will implement our CSR activities in a number of ways: Directly through our in-house teams and through Educational Trusts and societies or such other entities/organisations as approved by the CSR Committee
Implementation of this policy will be monitored and reviewed periodically through a two tier structure comprising:
CSR committee of the Board
CSR teams at the corporate offices and manufacturing plants.
The surplus arising out of CSR activities, projects or programmes shall not form part of the business profits of the Company.
The CSR Committee will decide on the location for CSR activities. The local area in which the Company operates will be given preference.
This Policy is effective from 1st April 2016
For any queries related to CSR Policy, please write to